Vitens is the largest drinking water company in The Netherlands by delivering 24/7 top quality drinking water to more than 5.7 million people and companies. As a drinking water company, we are at the centre of society. Vitens depends and anticipates on developments in society, such as the drinking water demand, the energy transition, climate change and economic growth.
Challenges we face as a drinking water company are:
- More uncertainty about groundwater availability due to periods of droughts during the
recent hot and dry summers.
- To secure groundwater quality. Increased anthropogenic substances is one of the
influencers that decrease our groundwater.
- The consequences we have on the environment of our groundwater extraction areas
- Investment in our relationship with stakeholders.
- The opportunities for real-time monitoring of drinking water production and distribution to
improve our reaction to changes in quality and quantity.
- Societal processes in regard to energy transition, circular economy and sustainability.
Are you ready to tackle these challenges and do you speak fluently Dutch? We offer a broad range of internships, starters’ functions and a traineeship. Vitens stimulates a good work-life-balance,
gives plenty of opportunities for personal development and offers the opportunity to be part of international projects in developing countries. Read more at werkenbijvitens.nl and apply now!