Data we process
Aktief Slip only processes your data if you make use of our services and/or if you voluntarily share this data with us.
If you sign up to be a member of Aktief Slip, the following data will be stored:
- Membership type
- WUR account name
- first name
- middle name(s)
- last name
- date of birth
- registration number
- e-mail address
- IBAN number
- contribution preference
- start date membership
- termination date membership
- active committee
This data will be stored in the Member Database provided and secured by the WUR. Only board members have access to this database. The secretary will manage the administration by adding new members, removing former members and adjusting data during membership. When data from new members is acquired via a physical application form, this form will be stored in the secure cabinet in the board office.
All board members are obliged to sign a non-disclosure agreement, preventing them from sharing this data with third parties.
What we use this data for
The members’ personal data will be used to:
- provide our members with a discount on their study materials in the WURstore.
(WUR account name, registration number and name)
- send the weekly newsletter and wish our members a happy birthday.
(date of birth and e-mail address)
- collect membership contribution.
(contribution preference, IBAN number and email address)
- send messages to specific target groups.
(membership type, e-mail address, study, gender, start date membership, termination date membership and active committees)
- To check whether the member is of legal drinking age when attending activities that include alcoholic consumption.
(date of birth)
Data collection periods
Personal data of members will be kept for as long as they are a member and for a 2 year period afterwards. Financial administration will be kept for 7 years.
Aktief Slip exclusively shares data to third parties (processors) when this is required to continue providing our service to you or when legally obligated to.
Currently, these processors are:
- WUR facility desk. They receive names, WUR account name and registration number in order to provide a discount to members buying school supplies in the WURstore.
- A processor agreement has been signed to ensure fair and minimal data usage, maximizing both security and privacy.
- Rocket Science Group LLC. Aktief Slip uses their online platform MailChimp. They receive email addresses allowing Aktief Slip to send the weekly newsletter and birthday mail.
- MailChimp has a policy approved by TRUSTe guaranteeing the privacy of our members and the security of their personal data.
All processors have agreed to:
- Never use personal data for personal purposes, but only to confirm to the instructions of Aktief Slip and to keep providing their service.
- Personal data may be used to meet legal requirements like court orders.
- Make sure appropriate technical and organizational measures are being taken to protect the data from loss or unlawful processing.
Data breach protocol
Aktief Slip has an extensive script in case personal data is being processed or available for processing by unauthorized third parties.
In case of a data breach, the president will be responsible for handling the steps as described in the script, unless the nature of the breach demands otherwise.
Viewing, changing or removing personal data
You have and maintain the right to view, change or remove whatever personal data we may have collected or stored. Should you desire this, contact us via firstname.lastname@example.org and we will respond as soon as possible. To make sure the request for processing the data is actually made by you, we ask you to send along a copy of your passport or other identification. We advise you to cross out your social service number (BSN) in this attachment.
Should you have any questions or remarks, you can contact us via the contact form on this website or at:
Droevendaalsesteeg 2, room 112
6708 PB Wageningen